Monday 20 September 2010

Even more progress!

Despite being born here, Audrey, Seymour and Mushnik have always been scared piggies. They are fairly difficult to catch, but once you have them, they love the attention.

Today, they all did something that they have never done before. They each came to the doors of their cage and took flaked peas from me :)

I think it helped that I was sitting on a stool so I could still be seen, but I was at a lower height to them, rather than towering over them. I'm hoping this is the turning point! I'm going to try the same thing each night to see how we progress.

They are now 10 months old, so I hope they become more tame soon!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

1 comment:

  1. One of my piggies, Ernest, took almost two years before he came to door of his cage. His housemate, Bella, is also a bit shy but has give more courage for my "fake peruvian". :) I'm always so glad when they're coming to get some food, even it would be slow and careful.

    ReplyDelete